Overweight? Here’s Why:
• You eat mostly processed food (basically anything from a box or can or jar that can easily be heated up in a microwave)
• You consume lots of sugary products, some that you don’t even realize have sugar in them
• You eat often from the drive-thru and in your car
• You rarely eat vegetables or fruits
• You drink juices instead of chewing and swallowing raw fruit
• You peel the skin from potatoes, apples, pears, kiwis, etc. that contain most of the nutrients for that food
• You add salt to your food before tasting it
• You eat only, or mainly, white rice, white pasta, white bread, flour tortillas, white grits, etc.
• You eat cheeses, milks, eggs, butter, or meat every day instead of occasionally
The Standard American Diet (SAD) is turning us into a nation of fatties! We have become disgustingly fat and obese! There are far more clothing options for large and plus-sized people than for regular or petite folks. Airlines had to start adding inches to the seat widths to accommodate the overgrowth of our citizens; we are some of the unhealthiest, ugliest, laziest people in the world.
It disgusts and saddens me to see creatures resembling “Jabba the Hut” in the local WalMart, Target, and grocery stores. There are entire rows of candy, cookies, cakes, pies, pastries, and other sugar-loaded products in virtually every store in America. One of my favorite midwestern stores is Farm & Fleet and they have a large selection of candy–just a row of candy from bottom to top. To their credit, they also have good-for-you nuts like almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.
Anyway, if you really want to decrease your weight and your overall size, I highly recommend the book, “How Not to Die,” by Michael Gregor, M.D., FACLM and the companion book, “The How Not to Die Cookbook,” both for sale on Amazon or on Dr. Greger’s site: nutritionfacts.org. Click on the following link or copy and paste it into your browser: https://nutritionfacts.org/book/?